Tŷ Twt - Holiday Let
Tŷ Twt - Holiday Let
Tŷ Twt is a traditionally built 16 x 14 foot timber frame cabin with a reed and straw thatched roof and verandah, set in a small mature orchard, fifty yards from the beautiful River Aled. It is also situated on the North Wales Pilgrim's Way, an ancient 130 mile walk from Basingwerk Abbey in Holywell to Bardsey Island. (www.pilgrims-way-north-wales.org)
The small kitchen area is under the traditional crog loft. The sitting room area of the cabin is double height where you can sit and gaze up at the exposed underbelly of the thatch.
We have created a comfortable cabin full of charm, peace and tranquillity. From here you can gaze across the valley whilst listening to the river and the birds. Watch the buzzards, heron and swallows by day, and watch bats and listen to the owls whilst gazing at the stars by night.
All who have visited say they feel an immense sense of calm and that it is a truly unique and wonderful place.
Prices – Low Season:
Low season is 1st October to 31st March (excluding Valentines, Easter, Christmas & New Year)
- 3-night weekend = £210 (arriving Friday)
- 2-night mid-week = £140 (arriving Monday or Wednesday)
- 4-night mid-week = £280 (arriving Monday)
- New Year = £425 (3 nights arriving Friday 30th)
- Valentines = £350 (3 nights arriving Monday 13th)
- Single night = £90 includes a continental breakfast
Prices – High Season:
High season pricing is from 1st April to 31st September
- 3-night weekend = £255 (arriving Friday)
- 4-night mid-week = £340 (arriving Monday)
- Single night = £105 includes a continental breakfast
- High season = £560
- Low Season = £455
We’ve tried to think of everything! We’re passionate about making sure you have a perfect, wonderful stay. The cabin is pretty well equipped, but if there’s something you think we missed just let us know and we’ll see what we can do. The cabin is open plan with a small kitchen area and sitting area.
Here’s a list of some of what’s included:
Inside: Double bed in the crog loft. All linen, towels, double down duvet and 4 feather/down pillows (please ask if you need feather free bedding), 2 hot-water bottles, torch & head torch, stove, small butchers block, small table, board games,
Saucepans, frying pan, kettle, colander, kitchen utensils, cutlery, plates, bowls, mugs, wine, champagne and water glasses, cafetiere, basic herbs and spices, tea towels, washing up liquid, soap.
Outside: Lounger chairs, outdoor table, candles, outdoor oven, gas shower, Amazing wildlife, dark skies, peace and beauty, binoculars and an incredible view.
Firewood: we’re including 2 large bags of firewood for each night of your stay at the cabin. If you need extra, send us a text or stop by and pick some up for £5 /bag. This can be used in the outside oven.
Welcome hamper: A selection of home baked bread, locally produced cheese, butter and milk, preserves, tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided on your arrival. Additional items e.g. wine, champagne, chocolate, flowers can be ordered on request in advance.
Showering and Washing: There is a shower room with a wash basin and separate toilet.
Water: There is a fresh mains water supply.
Electricity: this is mains and linked to our house, there is no additional charge for usage.
Washing clothes: There is no washing machine, but we can wash clothes for you at an additional charge. £2.00 per load.
What do I need to bring?
Although we’ve tried to think of everything, there are still some personal items we recommend you bring with you.
- Wellies! It is Wales after all. However, if you’re arriving on foot or by bike or train let us know your sizes in advance and we’ll do our best to sort you out with some.
- Toiletries (although there will be some toilet roll for your initial night)
- Food & Drink – Please be mindful that there is only a table top fridge which is half the size of a regular one.
- Warm clothes, waterproofs and cosy pyjamas. Sitting out at night can get a bit nippy – we’ve got blankets in the cabin to keep your knees warm but we’d also recommend you bring layers & a woolly jumper
- Torches are provided but you might want to bring your own lanterns. We think it’s very romantic to just have the candles burning, however a word of caution – it is a timber framed building with a thatch roof so we please ask you to take great care.
© Copyright Flossie & Twts. All Rights Reserved - Website by Delwedd